Mechanical/Aerospace CNC Machinist Apprenticeship
May 24, 2022 |
Sensing Precision is a leading manufacturer of air measurement equipment based in Stokenchurch near high Wycombe. We are a small company that design and produce a wide range of instrumentation which includes anything from Pitot Tubes and Wilson Flowgrids to NVH Leakage testers and wind tunnels. Our equipment can be found in use throughout the Automotive, Health Care and HVAC sectors which makes this an exciting opportunity to be working alongside a number of companies that are household names.
This Role is based upon the machinist apprenticeship course which will provide you with the skills required to operate both manual and CnC Lathes as well as milling and drilling to a high precision. Alongside this will be taught the fundamentals of good engineering practice and machine operation.
You will also have the opportunity to experience a wide range of other departments in your time with us to ensure that you get a full appreciation for all of the aspects that make up our business such as Welding, Milling, Drilling, Sheet metalwork, Assembly and Packing.
- 5 x GCSEs at grade A-C / 9-5 including maths, English and Science (or equivalent)
- Good level of Numeracy and Literacy
- Genuine interest in Engineering with a real passion to develop a career in the Engineering sector
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to understand engineering drawings
- Practical hands-on approach to problem-solving
- Self-aware and conscious of own safety and that of others
- Full UK Driving Licence and transportation for travel to work due to our rural location
- Must be eligible to work in the UK without restriction.
Other Advantageous Skills/Qualifications:
- Mature attitude, punctual, and reliable with a positive work ethic
- Responsible and able to use own initiative
- Personable and able to work as part of a team and respect others
- Motivated to do what needs to be done
- Takes pride in repeatably producing the high-quality parts and products expected by the customer
- Continually eager to learn by using work as an opportunity for self-development
This role is office based at our factory in Stokenchurch Buckinghamshire. This Apprenticeship year is to run from Summer 2022 to Summer 2026, actual start dates will be based upon the successful applicant’s availability.
We hope the successful applicant will go on to fulfil their potential within our team initially on the manufacturing side of the business, creating a pathway for future apprentices to follow and grow both the size and skill set of the team
Please apply through the national apprenticeship service: https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/-731105