Full Time Service, Calibration and Assembly Technician
Jul 3, 2022 |
Due to the on-going success of our instrumentation and control products we have a new full-time role working across the calibration lab and assembly dept. ensuring customer demand for our high accuracy and high-quality products and services is met.
The role primarily will involve mechanical and electronic assembly of instrumentation products as well as their calibration for pressure/velocity/flow/temperature/humidity within our onsite lab. A large proportion of these instruments are serviced and calibrated on a regular cycle e.g. annually and part of the role will be facilitating this for our customers and helping those who may have hundreds of units plan this on a monthly basis. Additionally, a small amount of servicing and calibration is carried out on customers sites where downtime on our larger machines is not an option, so some UK travel will be required.
Sensing Precision designs, engineers and manufactures a wide range of high performing air measurement devices. Originally founded in the 60s, the company is renowned for its unparalleled levels of accuracy in air measurement across HVAC, motorsport, pharmaceuticals and aerospace industries. Sensing Provision is the manufacturer of the original Wilson Flow Grid, which is acknowledged to be the most accurate system to monitor airflow within a radial or rectangular ductwork installation. Based in Buckinghamshire, the company operates across Europe, North America, Middle East and Asia. Sensing Provision is certified under ISO 9001: 2015 for quality management.
- Competent understanding of electro-mechanical assembly processes and able to read engineering drawings.
- Good Computer literacy skills although training will be given on our custom programming and control software.
- Willingness to learn new processes and products, quickly with ability to master.
- Flexible attitude and ability to multi-task.
- Self-starter with hands on approach and problem-solving skills to identify and fix problems as they arise.
- Engages with continuous improvement.
- Willingness to engage with other departments.
- Ability to work independently without supervision and as part of a team focused on exceeding customer requirements.
- Minimum GCSE Grades A-C in Maths, Science and English.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK without restriction.
Other Advantageous Skills/Qualifications:
- BTEC Level 2-3 in Engineering would be of benefit or other technical qualification.
- Experience of working with high accuracy / HVAC instrumentation including calibration.
- Ability to safely complete heavy lifting tasks.
- Knowledge of TQM, checking and quality inspection of own work.
Previous Experience of working in an engineering environment is not essential but would be an advantageous.
Please submit at CV and covering letter which states current salary/expectations when applying for this role to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be offering a competitive package depending on experience at a small but rapidly growing UK engineering company for the right candidate who has the drive to grow with us.
WE ONLY ACCEPT DIRECT APPLICATIONS. NO AGENCY, CONSULTANT OR THIRD PARTY SUBMISSIONS